Ugh, people are just the worst... @k9mail released a new stable version after a (in android terms relatively long) while.
Now people are angry:
* that it took so long (and they weren't aware they could have been using the betas all along)
* That the interface changed (and it breaks *their* workflow!)
* and uhm, just generally angry if you read the forum threads... 😕
Anyway, here's the announcement: https://k9mail.app/2021/07/24/K-9-Mail-is-back
Further help funding the development: https://k9mail.app/2021/02/14/K-9-Mail-is-looking-for-funding
Last time I checked K9Mail is
1. Free, so people don't even have to lift their wallet to use it.
2. Open Source, so people can submit patches if they think a feature important to them is missing or too low in priority.
3. Not enforced, so people are free to use something else instead if K9 doesn't suit their needs.
So no reason to be angry really when someone gives you something great for free, or is there?
There is a significant difference between "people are angry" and "people don't use it anymore". The latter is totally and absolutely fine, the former... well, let's leave it at polite comments.
If you want to throw money at it, why not ask in the project if a dev has time for it and what it would cost to get it implemented, what's the worst that can happen?
@krille It was at least 2011 (but 2013 also fits, as Material was released in 2014) ;-)
2009 Android looks a whole other level of outdated by now:
chaos.social – a Fediverse instance for & by the Chaos community