5. My Mobile Data isn't drained before the end of the month.
6. I don't need to close several screen-filling ads and get redirected to nsfw-sites.
7. My attention is not distracted from your article by flashing, animated ads that try to sell me irrelevant content (but relevant ads would not be any better).
For me, the ethics in advertising are:
- No animations
- No bright colors / contrasts
- No interference with content
- No nsfw content
- No tracking
- No spoofing of OS / Browser dialogues ("update"-/ "AntiVirus"-scam)
- No unethical content (scam-sites, viruses etc.)
Maybe the ads on explainxkcd.com can be called ethic: https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/explain_xkcd:Advertise_Here
chaos.social - because anarchy is much more fun with friends.
chaos.social is a small Mastodon instance for and by the Chaos community surrounding the Chaos Computer Club. We provide a small community space - Be excellent to each other, and have a look at what that means around here.
Follow @ordnung for low-traffic instance-related updates.
The primary instance languages are German and English.