I think I'm going to try this Anki thing (http://augmentingcognition.com/ltm.html) out for my theatre lines for this summer's play.
Anyway, I'd like to run a kernel written in a memory-safe language that I can also read and understand (personally I'd prefer Go because I'm good at it, and I haven't yet found a resource that made it easy for me to learn Rust, and my Haskell is very rusty (haha)). But I have no idea how it is be done and if it is at all practical (or if not, what's missing). Anyone? #followerpower
I still couldn't find out why @tootapp says »detsoob« instead of »boosted« for the boosts of one person I follow. They don't look mirrored to me!
Hat schon jemand den Wortwitz mit der Trinkhalle im Weltall gemacht? Show more
capitalism, consumerism, education Show more
Due to tax cuts and the rising costs of textbooks, some USA schools are receiving corporate sponsored education materials.
This is just as bad as you think it is.
A 1998 study by the Consumers Union found 80% of these materials to be biased.
The educational materials were found to have incomplete or “slanted” information that favored the sponsor’s products and views.
Examples in next toot:
I have been completely removed from Facebook for a full year. It has been the best year in recent memory. OBSERVATIONS:
1) I'm still "connected" to current events. I'm just not bombarded with a thousand "rage-bait" rants about it.
2) I'm still connected with everyone that matters. We've shared the responsibility of staying in touch. Sometimes it's on me to reach out, sometimes it's on them. The people who haven't kept up with me, were just a relationship of ceremony and convenience.
3) I'm substantially less depressed. Surprising no one, I guess. It didn't cure depression, but it alleviated that which it brought: A lot.
4) I'm still super social online. I have community here and a few other places. We do things together, and don't just try to whip ourselves into a fury.
5) I've gained a meaningful perspective: *MY* perspective. Getting away from the manipulative pieces of those social media sites has given me enough clarity to be, well... "me."
Ich freue mich, daß es einige Shared-Tische gibt. Nur Strom wär dort noch toll. :) #35C3
Erstmal frühstücken. Dann komme ich! #35C3
I'm the guy who finds four-leaf clovers all the time.
chaos.social - because anarchy is much more fun with friends.
chaos.social is a small Mastodon instance for and by the Chaos community surrounding the Chaos Computer Club. We provide a small community space - Be excellent to each other, and have a look at what that means around here.
Follow @ordnung for low-traffic instance-related updates.
The primary instance languages are German and English.