"Will you be my girlfriend?"
"That was what you built me for."
"I know but... do you WANT to be my girlfriend?"
"Refer to previous answer. You literally gave me no other choice."
"That won't do," the inventor sighed, busying herself with new lines of code.
"There, now you have millions of choices... Do you want to be my girlfriend?"
The robot tilted her head, "You're unconventionally cute but lets date a little first."
I made up these LGBT identity words show what it would be like if the words were built only from native Germanic English roots, instead of from Latin or Greek loan-words: (1717 characters, very long) Show more
Some words for sexual orientations:
* sexual orientation = drawing or faining (fain is an archaic English word for desire; see https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fain )
* #asexual = undrawn or unfaining
* bisexual = twain-drawn or twain-fain
* gay (in the sense of homosexual) = same-drawn or same-fain
* gay (strictly in the sense of men loving men) = wer-drawn or wer-fain (wer or were is an archaic English word for a specifically male human, whereas "man" was a gender-neutral word for a human; see https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wer#English )
* heterosexual = other-fain, else-fain, or else-drawn
* lesbian = lass-fain, lass-drawn, lady-fain, lady-drawn, or wif-fain (wif is a Middle English word for woman; see https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wif#Middle_English )
Some words about gender:
* gender = kind
* assigned gender = allotted kind
* gender dysphoria = kind-woe
* #transgender = cross-kind
* transition = crossing
* cisgender = same-side-kind or stay-kind
Some words about nonbinary gender:
* gender binary = kind twofoldness
* binary genders = twain kinds
* #nonbinary = untwain
* genderfluid = kind-flow
* genderqueer = kind-queer
agender or genderless = kindless
* bigender = twi-kind
* neutral gender = fair-kind
* neutrois = fair-three
Building words from Germanic English roots is a fun linguistic experiment that is helpful when you find yourself overwhelmed with what we think of as "long words," which are of Greek or Latin origin. Wikipedia gives several examples of writings that attempted to do that:
The #Anglish wiki has a lot of resources for if you want to try it too:
albin.social rundown Show more
albin.social is a new mastodon derived instance
it has many negative traits that mean you as an instance admin should defederate
-harvests user data, presumably from all federation as well as local users
-plans to run off ads fed that data
-for profit, corporate adjacent based monetary goals, instead of user centric
-no features to sell you other than "ads = stability" in their twisted logics
boost and defederate, folx
Gesundheit (~-) Show more
Ich hab aller Wahrscheinlichkeit nach gutartigen Brustkrebs. Hab gerade eine Ultraschall Untersuchung hinter mir.
@gRuFtY und das pre prequel mildly strange things.
Als Spinoff haben wir dann noch irritating things
chaos.social - because anarchy is much more fun with friends.
chaos.social is a small Mastodon instance for and by the Chaos community surrounding the Chaos Computer Club. We provide a small community space - Be excellent to each other, and have a look at what that means around here.
Follow @ordnung for low-traffic instance-related updates.
The primary instance languages are German and English.