Righto, here’s my fedi-tips:
- it’s slower here, less addictive than corp social media. This is a good thing, try and enjoy it.
- you see what you follow. No ads, no obscure reshuffling, no manipulating your emotions. Enjoy that too.
- please consider using CWs. Could it hurt, shock, upset, harm?
- please describe your pictures if you can
- give benefit of the doubt: text easily misleads
- shared something negative? Maybe follow with positive action.
- fash, queerphobes, bigots: fuck off 💚
@Loy @stragu content warnings/content notices.
It's like a subject for a post/thread. Used to indicate the topic and things that might upset or harm others (like the description of violence) but also for jokes it just as short topic so the timeline doesn't get flooded by a very long post. Usually one needs to open a CW'ed postb with a button,n although it's possible to open all posts of a thread at once. Clients can be configured to open CW posts always.
chaos.social – a Fediverse instance for & by the Chaos community