"Be excellent to each other" is easier said than done, and means different things to different people.
The following rules are a (non-exhaustive) list of behaviours that may lead to deletion of toots, silencing or suspension of accounts, at the descretion of the instance administrators, as described in our Terms.
Please report behaviour that bothers you. We will keep your report confidential.
- We do not tolerate discriminatory behaviour and content promoting or advocating the oppression of members of marginalised groups. These groups may be characterised by any of the following (though this list is naturally incomplete):
- gender identity or expression
- sexual identity or expression
- physical characteristics or age
- disability or illness
- nationality, residency, citizen status
- wealth or education
- religious affiliation, agnosticism or atheism
- We do not tolerate threatening behaviour, stalking, and doxxing.
- We do not tolerate harassment, including brigading, dogpiling, or any other form of contact with a user who has stated that they do not wish to be contacted.
- We do not tolerate mobbing, including name-calling, intentional misgendering or deadnaming.
- We do not tolerate violent nationalist propaganda, Nazi symbolism or promoting the ideology of National Socialism.
- Actions intended to damage this instance or its performance may lead to immediate account suspension.
- Content that is illegal in Germany will be deleted and may lead to immediate account suspension.
Best practices ¶
The list below is a collection of behaviour that we expect to see from our users. If you see a user go against these best practices in a way that bothers you, please file a report and we will talk to them. While these best practices are designed to be guidelines for a good communal instance, repeated malicious unwillingness to follow the best practices will be considered just like breaking a rule.
(These best practices were inspired by the Terms of bsd.network. Thank you!)
- In general, use the tools provided to foster a considerate and accessible atmosphere. This includes the liberal use of content warnings (especially on potentially disturbing or controversial topics), and alt-text captioning of media files.
- When possible, provide credit for creative works in your posts that are not your own.
- Uninvited comments about another user's personal choices, lifestyle or family are strongly discouraged and may be considered harassment. Inappropriate sexual attention, comments about appearance and implication of physical contact will not be tolerated toward any non-consenting user.
- If you post sexual content or gore, use content warnings.
- If you post advertisements, use a content warning. Advertisements should not be excessive or automated.
- Bots may only interact with a user when they're invited by that user to do so.
- Automated posts and high-frequency posts should be unlisted (rendering visible to everybody, but not appearing on the local timeline) to keep the local timeline of our instance a place of community dialogue and human interaction. This extends to bots, feed posters, Twitter "retweets" and Twitter crossposts with broken mentions. Crossposter accounts that stop being active participants in our community may be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
- In discussions, please remain civil, do not insult the people you're talking to. Note that irony, sarcasm, or similar modes of language don't translate well to written language and tend to escalate discussions or misunderstandings.
You can find further information on our instance in our GitHub repository, which includes a list of currently blocked or silenced instances.
Modifications we added to this instance can be found at another GitHub repository.
We post occasionally on our Instance blog.
We (@leah and @rixx) are maintaining this instance on our spare time, hardware and nerves.
Don't push either of those.
This instance uses Mutant Standard emoji, which are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.